No, we don’t mean turning toward food, like a trip to your local Starbucks for a special (and sugary) drink or night out to a restaurant to indulge in your favorite (and fatty) meal. Treating yourself is a reminder that you’re worth it! You deserve to be happy, but not at the sake of your wellness goals.
Here are 10 ways to treat yourself without turning straight for the cookie jar or breaking the bank.
- Give yourself 5 minutes to do nothing – literally, nothing. This will give you a chance to take a deep breath before you continue on with your day.
- Give yourself a manicure or pedicure, no appointment necessary.
- Go for a short walk outside. Fresh air will help boost your mood.
- Make plans with a friend or relative so you have something to look forward to.
- Do some journaling. Grab a Pen and paper and start writing down your feelings.
- Do something nice for someone else. We feel good when we help others in need.
- Take a nap. Many of us are sleep-deprived, so a quick 20-minute nap can be the perfect refreshment.
- Commit yourself to saying ‘No’ to things you don’t want to do.
- Have an early night and curl up in bed with a good book or movie.
- Grab yourself a new book from the library or second-hand book store.